Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Bats in the Theater?


A friend of mine asked me to join her at a theater for a documentary that her daughter was hosting at our town's historic landmark, The Egyptian Theatre. Her daughter is a lactation consultant, and the company she works for was hosting this movie called "Milk". In a nutshell, it talked about breastfeeding all around the world. Heartwarming and heartbreaking all in one.

Well anyway, as we were watching, we saw on the screen some bird-like creatures flying in the shot; but then, they became 3D! And more flying creatures were added to the mix. Yikes! These creatures were bats flying around this theater! Mind you the Egyptian is a very old and beautifully ornate theater. And to be honest, the bats fit right in! My friend would tell you that they were not welcome at all. I say, keep them there! They added character and a sense of awe! Happy Thanksgiving, All, and add your Slice of Life to the blog: Two Writing Teachers!

4 comments:

  1. Bats! As long as they aren't right next to me, I kind of appreciate bats. I know what you mean that they fit right in. Thanks for this surprising slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer my bats to be outside. What an interesting night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope. Can't do it. Never have liked bats. Lived near LaCrosse, Wisconsin for part of our lives, and the bats downtown would swoop down to catch moths and Mayflies down around your knees. I prefer my bats...anywhere but where I am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad I happened upon your post. It brought a memory of sitting in an older theater....and yes, a bat was flying around...and then a few. It can be a bit surprising, can't it! But no one seemed to freak out...and I like bats, so was glad to share the movie with them. Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete