Friday, April 10, 2015

Slice of Life #2

I'm so pleased to have found Slice of Life! This is my 2nd post:
I am at a crossroads in my life. I'm too young to retire, I have about 13 more years of teaching before that happens, and I'm ready to get on with the next phase of my life...one that probably will not be monetarily rewarding, but spiritually and emotionally fulfilling. So how am I supposed to do this? I'm guessing just putting one foot in front of the other and see what happens. So what's this next phase? For years I have wanted to teach yoga to people who deal with chronic pain, and those that feel that there has to be more out of life than just getting by.

To start, I am taking myself on a yoga retreat this September for my 50th birthday. My guess is that I will have an abundance of collaboration and ideas from the attendees of the retreat. Who knows? Maybe there I will have an epiphany that leads me to my next phase.

I'm reading a book called Start with Why by Simon Sinek, recommended by one of the principals of one of the schools where I teach. It is an inspiring book that explains if you have the 'why' of an idea, the how, what, and where will come. So what is my why? To teach individuals with chronic pain the rejuvenating aspects that yoga has to offer to provide relief and contentment in order to live life to their utmost potential. And by giving to people, I, in return, receive a higher understanding of what people need (myself included) so that I can life a healthy and contented life.

I truly believe events, people, circumstances are put in our way to provide us opportunities. That principal, just by recommending that book, spurred the idea to actually ask the why to my dream, which I have shared 'write' here.

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to get a copy of that book! I agree that people are placed in our lives at just the right moment to nudge us in new directions. Thank you for such an inspiring post; and I hope your decision becomes clear to you at the perfect time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have a plan and the enthusiasm to get the ball rolling. There is a tremendous need for people who can assist those you are hurting. Good luck with your venture - I'm sure you will fulfill your dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Judy and Lori for your kind words! I hope to hold this vision close to my heart until it becomes a reality!

    ReplyDelete