Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Slice of Life #4








My garden! It's blooming! For about five years I waited for my lil sprout of a lilac bush to produce flowers. Two weekends ago I was digging up hasta shoots to replant in other parts of my yard, and I happened to glance up at my young, aspiring lilac bush. The first time ever! BUDS! This bush is at the NE corner of my house, right by my back porch door. I am anticipating the sweetly fragrant smell to greet me each morning as I go to work or spend the early summer mornings in my garden.

Brand new lilac buds!
At the end of the last summer season, I started a photo journal of my garden and posted the beautiful flowers on Facebook. This was my attempt to create hope, rejuvenation, and acceptance of change during the cold winter months. And you know what? It worked. Normally, winters are so long for me, and my motivation to get moving is stymied by that wonderfully soft recliner in my living room. But now that I see the rejuvenation happening in my garden, I see my spirits are starting to lift again.

In my post Slice of Life #3, I talked about those days as a teacher that are just plain hard to get through. I talked about taking the time to reboot for the next big thing. Isn't this what happens in nature? The trees go dormant, many of the critters hibernate, preparing for the 'next big thing'. So, there you have it. This is nature's proof that we all need that rest so that we can shine and bloom and spread our radiance around. Happy spring, All! I hope you have found that spark that keeps you going!







4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the hopeful, rejuvenating post. I feel ready to tackle the day now! Your idea to post a garden journal is sweet. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy every moment of that heady fragrance from your lilac bush. Enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for those lilacs. You made me smile. Seeing the growth outside inspires me too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lavender color is peeking out. It's time! Enjoy your week, Everyone!

    ReplyDelete